Quick Shots #9: Another Milestone at Baby Wale ?

This Post is now Closed - no further updates
Updated 8/16/2013: Photograph (top of post)
Updated 8/4/2013: Photograph (top of post)
Updated 7/25/2013: Photographs (top of post)
Updated 7/15/2013: Photographs (top of post)
Updated 7/9/2013: Photographs and associated content (update top of post)
Updated 6/21/2013: I have edited the content, which is the latest, confirmed, news and added one photo

The sign is up - not long now
I had a tour (no photo's) of the restaurant earlier this week....it is an awesome space, with a very unique character. My source tells me that they should open before the end of August.(from what I saw there is no reason to doubt that)




Update 7/25/2013
I had been trying to get photographs of the vestibule, today I got my first real pics of  what it is going to look like (you don't need to much imagination to get it )
Vestibule will have 2 doors, at street line and interior
A glass wall features on the left side of the vestibule
Always trying to get interior shots, but its well guarded


Update 7/15/2013
So right on schedule, Baby Wale gets its windows! Still can't get a shot of the vestibule/entrance (but I have seen it and it is great) looks like the opening will happen real soon, stay tuned.
Glass pane's installed, a little more trim works and job done
Still can't see the vestibule/entrance, but you get the idea


Update 7/9/2013:
Sweet!

We mentioned below in the original post that you should expect a lot of copper, well today the installation is going nicely. The copper facing is pretty much installed and the trim will follow, I am sure, in the next day, or two.
That makes things kinda cool - Copper facing covering the front
Almost complete on the facing, trim to follow
Another new aspect to the front of the restaurant is a vestibule. First time I have seen this, and its nice. Unfortunately because of building supplies stacked out front, I was unable to get a clear shot, still let me describe, the vestibule is about 5 feet deep, with small pane windows on the restaurant side (see pic below). The door is slightly offset to the right of the vestibule leading in to the restaurant. 

The multi-paned glass windows on the left (restaurant) side of the vestibule
All in all an unexpected, but awesome add-on. The construction manager was not around when I was there, so no update on an opening, go with the time-line below, and still no glass....standby for more soon....


We have been following the progress of the much anticipated Tom Powers (Corduroy) new project, Baby Wale, since the get go. We followed as the roof was put on and as the mechanical's arrived and were installed. Recently the activity was internal, a little more difficult to get photo's of, and follow the progress, but we made our best effort to keep everyone up to date. Now a new milestone, and real reason to start to get excited, the entrance exterior, and a quick sneak peak at the lower level bar (it zig-zags almost the depth of the restaurant) Without really knowing the finish that will be employed, its difficult to put a completion time, in an earlier update we though a very early/mid July, but this has now been confirmed to me as a late July opening. I have been told that the glass will not arrive for another week or two. Also that we can expect to see a lot of copper on the exterior facing, now that is exciting. Take a look;
Waiting for the glass, the exterior will facing will feature a lot of brass
The front/exterior bay have 75% Glass, and the exterior finish will include a lot of brass

The roof of the bay goes on (actually completed a little later, I'll get photo's tomorrow)

The left bay view

The Bar on the lower level zig-zags its way to the rear of the restaurant. I am glad that I got a worker in the picture as this gives a great perspective of the size/depth of the bar and restaurant
Time to star getting excited? I think so. As I get more photo's and information I will post it here, so keep checking back

Quick Shots is a new feature for the site, where there is little or no content, but something of interest we will now issue a Quick Shot

Comments

Most Popular This Week