Quick Shots #39: Spring, Time to Move House

Update 04/18/2014 Photographs.
Passed by on Eye Street NW today and the house has moved, leaving a huge lot. Below are some photographs - you can compare with the original post.
House Move...now at 6th Street NW end of Eye Street
Looks like the windows survived - eh! no there painted on
Don't think I want to investigate this crawl space
Facing Mass Ave NW (Hampton Inn -Left) Huge lot has been left behind after the move.
Original Post
Seems that each year at this time there is a house that is prepping to move. This one is on I Street NW at 6th Street. I am not sure for the reason this house will be moved, when I asked the construction folks they thought that it was to make room for an office building...If you know please drop me a comment in this article.
So this is the house set for a Spring move (I believe that it is #653 I St)
....and its new home, already prepped

Move from left to right. That's the new AAMC building in the background
View (rear) from Mass Ave NW


Comments

  1. It's for a Gould Property Company project at 600 Mass. ANC 2C approved the project years ago.

    --Alexander M. Padro, ANC 6E01

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! so are they "taking away" the Alley? and :)
      Is it an office?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Most Popular This Week