SHAW: 22 Unit Condo Planned for 8th and N Street's NW Gets ANC6E Nod.

Its been rumored for a few months that A & P Wholesale Auto Dealer lot at 801-811 N St NW would be developed as a Condo/Apartment complex, well it has now been confirmed.

According to District Source:

"The new development, designed by Michael Vallen, features all two bedroom units, with the exception of a single one-bedroom condo with 1.5 baths. The 21,000 square foot building will also feature two levels of below-ground parking with a total of 18 spaces; on top, four private roof decks will overlook the Convention Center."
The developer presented the project to ANC6E, who approved the project...so its now on to Historic Preservation Review Board (HPRB) for the next stage of the process

District Source has an excellent article on the process/progress that I encourage you to read here.....

Just for reference here is the now picture and after, rendering.....
Currently a parking lot and car sales lot
Developers rendering of the 22 unit Condo planned for the space
Look for updates in the not to distant future.....

Comments

  1. Hi David. Good news that I already read about. Why don't you post the rumors? There are enough people who read DCRA, ABRA, SAALM, ANC and HPO agendas, and other local blogs to report on news once it reaches the "go point". You're there in the street in the neighborhood talking to people. Report that. Then people would refer to you instead of the opposite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thirteen14, I am glad that you are reading the blog. I agree that it is important for people to follow the agency(s) postings - but so few actually do. The Badwolfdc blog publishes stories that are confirmed, and follows on with the project progress.
      It's true that I "hear" quite a bit when I walk around the neighborhood, but I always ask "if this is for publication" and the information will appear depending on the answer. I started the scroll on the right-hand side of the blog so that I would have somewhere to place pre-announced information, and I will use that as my "Rumor" notice - as most information is not complete enough to write an article. You can see right now that there is a headline about La Colombe Coffee, this information is confirmed by my source, but not publicly announced - this represents the level of "rumor" that I will post.

      david

      Delete

Post a Comment