Restaurant: Thally making progress on 9th Street NW

This post is closed: 8/23/2013 - no further updates
Update 6/24/2013: Content
Update 6/5/2013: Photograph and Content

Update 6/24/13:  In conversation with the contractor, Michael Maizel, of W & M Contracting. The restaurant is about 6 weeks away from completion, this is due to delays in delivery of finishing items. The space looks really good, even 'un-finished'. So look for a mid-August time frame for the opening.

Back on March 28th I ran a piece on a new restaurant named Thally at 1316 9th Street NW. I published a few early construction photographs and gave a brief outline of the plan for the new project by partners chef Ron Tanaka and Sherman Golden.
I was fortunate today to be allowed to take a few more shot's that show the progress, and yes you can begin to see the layout taking shape.
Access is still very limited - work in progress - but this is the kitchen (Alley View)
The construction is still going on, access to the site is limited, but the foreman allowed me some lee-way and I was able to get a few shot's from both the Naylor Court side (rear) and the 9th Street side (front).
Lighting etc. is being installed, fixtures next
Close shot of the Bar area, still roughed out, but gives a clear perspective of the layout
There is reason to get excited, this project is (physically) getting closer to being completed

Update 6/5/2013
Like Baby Wale  access to Thally has been pretty much restricted. Today the foreman gave me permission to take photographs from the (front) door which are below. Although there is only a limited view, the layout looks pretty much settled, Kitchen in the back, bar central, and eating area at the front. The foreman informed me that the Kitchen Hood/exhaust system is now installed, which I understand is one of the milestone events in the build out, so things are now very close to completion. Like Baby Wale further along 9th Street NW, I am looking for an early July opening, but that is my estimate and not from anyone's lips.
With the drywall roughed in, the shape and layout have become discernible. Unfortunately, the photograph does not properly express the spacious interior


Comments

  1. As a Newbie, I am continuously searching online for articles that can help me. Thank you
    halls in los angeles

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment