TAKOMA PARK: Special Ramp and Beer Dinner at Republic - May 20th
Chef Danny Wells and certified Cicerone Bar Manager Brett Robison from Republic in Takoma Park are hosting a ramp and beer dinner on Friday, May 20th at 7:00 p.m. The dinner features five courses, each of which creatively incorporates ramps, paired with five local beers. Chef Wells includes ramps in a soup, aioli, marmalade, and crackers among other things, while Robison has selected five local brews including a selection from Right Proper Brewing Company, making Republic the first restaurant in Montgomery County to carry beer from the DC brewery.
Details on the full menu and pairings, (available for $75 per person), are below.
Reservations can be made by calling Republic directly at 301-270-3000.
- Chilled ramp and potato soup with pickled ramps and black pepper water cracker paired with Born Bohemian (Czech Pilsner) by Denizens Brewing Co.
- Smoked halibut croquettes with ramp aioli paired with Lubitsch Touch (Pale Smoke Beer) by Right Proper Brewing Company
- Crispy softshell crab, ramp kimchi-soy broth, warshore clams, purple mountain koshikari rice paired with Surrender Dorothy (Red IPA) by 7 Locks Brewing
- Wood grilled Pennsylvania pork tenderloin, house potato gnocchi, mushrooms and ramp-almond pesto paired with Smoke on the Waterfront (Black Rye IPA) by Jailbreak Brewing Company
- Cabot clothbound cheddar with ramp marmalade, ramp crackers and pickled ramps paired with Nanticoke Nectar by RAR Brewing