WASHINGTON DC: Two of the Food Groups - Beer & Pizza - at Pizzeria Paradiso All Through December
December/New Year’s Special Pizza: 12.26 – 1.3
The special pizza of the month, inspired by Southern “lucky food” traditions enjoyed around New Year’s Day, is available at all Pizzeria Paradiso locations from January 26 through January 3. The pizza includes North Carolina BBQ sauce, pulled pork, collard greens, black eyed peas, green tomatoes, corn, cheddar cheese and onions and costs $14 for a small pizza and $20 for a large pizza.
Spent Grain Crust Collaboration with DC Brau Supporting Bread for the City: 11.25 – 12.25 **ALL LOCATIONS
To kick off a month of spent grain crust, Pizzeria Paradiso and DC Brau donated 150 loaves of bread to Bread for the City on November 23, the day before Thanksgiving. For the 6th year in a row, Pizzeria Paradiso has partnered with DC Brau and Bread for the City on a fundraising venture where spent grains from the brewery are used to make a special pizza crust, as well as loaves of bread. Proceeds from the sale of the pizzas will go directly to Bread for the City. The spent grain promotion started on Friday, November 25 and will be available through December 24 at all three Pizzeria Paradiso locations. The 9” pizza crusts will be available for $2 and the 12” crusts for $3.
Monday Night Beer Club Christmas Edition Tap Takeover: December 5 **Birreria Paradiso, Georgetown
For December Monday Night Beer Club at Birreria Paradiso in Georgetown, the tradition of giving in the spirit of the holidays continues, when staff will donate 100% of the night’s tips to local organizations DC Greens. Josh Fernands, beer director, and Drew McCormick, assistant beer director, will be behind the bar, serving up Christmas-inspired drafts with the likes of St. Bernardus Christmas Ale and The Bruery 9 Ladies Dancing (see below for the full tap takeover list). Ugly sweaters, which will be donned by staff, are also encouraged. Monday Night Beer Club on 12.5 will run from 6:00 p.m. to close.
- Chouffe- N'ice Chouffe
- Corsendonk- Christmas Ale
- The Bruery- 9 Ladies Dancing
- Dubuisson- Scalids Noel
- Southern Tier- 2XMAS
- Blue Mountain- Blitzen 2015
- Baladin- Noel
- Anchor- Christmas
- Sierra Nevada- Celebration
- Great Lakes- Christmas
- St. Bernardus- Christmas Ale
- Ninkaski- Sleigh’r
Continuing in the spirit of giving, Pizzeria Paradiso will host its annual Give A Can, Get A Can drive, where patrons bring a can of food and receive a free can of beer in return on a specific day in December. The menu of beer options available will include gems like DC Brau Public, New Belgium Fat Tire, Jack's Hard Cider and more. Specific dates for each location include:
- Georgetown location: December 7th
- Old Town Alexandria: December 14th
- Dupont Circle: December 21st
In anticipation of the holiday season, Pizzeria Paradiso in Old Town has been reserving a variety of Hardywood Gingerbread Stout (see full lineup below). Kids and adults alike can get creative at the “make-your-own gingerbread house stations,” which will be setup throughout the restaurant, and a representative from Hardywood will be on hand with prizes.
- Hardywood Bourbon GBS 2014
- Hardywood Bourbon GBS 2015
- Hardywood Bourbon GBS 2016
- Hardywood Bourbon Sidamo 2015
- Hardywood Bourbon Sidamo 2016
- Hardywood Ginger Bread Stout 2014
- Hardywood Ginger Bread Stout 2015
- Hardywood Gingerbread Stout 2016
- Hardywood Sidamo 2014
Pizza Paradiso located at
- Pizzeria Paradiso Dupont is located at 2003 P Street NW, Washington DC: 202-223-1245
- Pizzeria Paradiso Old Town is located at 124 King Street, Alexandria VA: 703-837-1245.
- Pizzeria Paradiso and Birreria Paradiso are located at 3282 M Street NW, Washington DC: 202-337-1245